Bradford Community Energy was formed to establish a cooperative that delivers the many benefits of community-owned renewables to Bradford.
Over the 20-year lifetime of the project, Bradford Community Energy aims to:
- Reduce community centre running costs by more than £25,000
- Save 40 tonnes of Carbon Dioxide emissions
- Generate sufficient surplus to build a Community Fund spending over £40,000 to help the fight against fuel poverty
- Deliver investors with an inflation-beating return on investment
- Establish a new local cooperative with the ability to inspire others to take action on climate change